Open Burning Permit - Free
"Smokey Bear" Contest Winner
Tateum, age 9 and Aidrey, age 8 of West Gardiner
Warden’s Report is a website that enables towns to offer their residents the opportunity to obtain a No Fee burning permit. This service provides local fire chiefs up-to-date information on where and when burn permits are issued.
Follow the steps below to obtain your free burning permit. You will need a printer to use this service.
- Visit the WardensReport.com website.
- Click on Obtain a Permit from the main menu.
- From the Select Town to Burn In drop-down list, select St. George, click on Check Fire Classification.
- The system will automatically check the daily Maine Forest Service Fire Danger report:
- If the report reflects unsafe burn conditions, the following message will be displayed: Fire Warning is too high to allow permitting today. A burning permit can not be issued.
- If the report reflects safe burning conditions:
- Review the displayed Terms and Conditions, click on the I agree to the Terms and Condition box and click on Continue.
- Complete the Burn Permit Application and click on Submit Permit.
- A copy of the one day permit will be displayed on the screen.
- Print and sign the buring permit. Please remember to read and follow the instructions on the permit.
If you have any questions, please contact the Town Office.
Visit Warden’s Report on Facebook ~ Like Us ~ share your thoughts and suggestions.